When it comes to distance education and off-campus higher learning, the state of Idaho continues to address the educational requirements of its students. Although the typical traditional institutions can never be removed, it is quite evident to witness the rise in percentage of people attending classes from the cyber world and earning great degree, thus enhancing their working potential. There novel learning modes have been attracting students and working professionals left, right center due to significant factors including flexibility and accessibility.
Online Prospects in Idaho:
- Engineering Outreach: Online classes are offered by several colleges via the Engineering Outreach Program, wherein on-campus classroom sessions are captured digitally and delivered online in a matter of hours by means of high-tech technology. Thanks to this program, there are many students taking these courses delivered every semester across various subjects including engineering, business, math, engineering management, statistics, psychology and water resources.
- Elluminate: This is a software that is being used by the College of Education, wherein a virtual classroom environment is provided real-time for those who choose distance education, thus extending the physical borders of a traditional classroom with the addition of live discussion cum interaction amongst students and teachers. This has resulted in students’ knowledge and learning capacities being significantly enhanced, besides improved comprehension.
Online Courses and Degree Programs in Boise:
In order to meet the general educational requirements, the College of Western Idaho offers Boise students hybrid online courses through its online associate degree certifications and programs including humanities, liberal arts and also geography, criminal justice and business. Students living in rural areas now have the privilege of earning their degrees with many universities and colleges offering some kind of distance learning program or course.
Following are some online colleges in Idaho:
- Boise State University
- Lewis-Clarke State College
- Idaho State University
- Northwest Nazarene University
- Brigham Young University-Idaho