Online Schools in New Jersey
The state of New Jersey has a flourishing environment of higher education with a large number of accredited schools including Princeton, public universities of high quality such as Rutgers, vocational training and other community colleges schools.
Online Colleges and Universities in New Jersey
Almost every other institution now has an online program or course or schools ranging from community colleges to private research universities to public four-year schools. Bergen Community College is one such institution providing complete online associate degrees in various fields such as health sciences, psychology, marketing and other subjects. A wide variety of certificate and degree programs across all levels are offered by Thomas Edison State College of nearly over 400 online courses. There are over 20 distance learning programs offered by Caldwell College and this also includes an RN-to-BSN degree, a bachelor’s degree in psychology and a master’s degree in educational administration. Online courses are also offered by religious institutions as well such as the two-year Assumption College for Sisters.
Higher Educational Initiatives:
- Building Our Future Bond Act – As a result of votes of residents in November 2012, a bill was passed approving this act and permitting New jersey to borrow an amount of $750 million towards the improvement of overall quality of state universities and colleges, thus encouraging students to pursue higher education and earn more degrees.
- AT&T Foundation Grant – GEAR UP was a state project (2006) that was awarded a grant worth $38,260 from the AT&T Foundation towards providing training to high school and middle school teachers as to how technology can be effectively used in classroom sessions towards educational promotion of their students.
Following are some online universities and colleges in New Jersey –
- The Richard Stockton College of New Jersey
- Thomas Edison State College
- Rutgers University-Newark
- New Jersey Institute of Technology
- Georgian Court University
- Rider University
- Monmouth University