Online Degrees in Texas
The state of Texas provides numerous higher learning options and has about 1.3 million students and more than 200 universities and colleges, besides a massive network of institutions that include 74 online learning programs. Schools such as the University of North Texas, the University of Houston and Texas Tech University are the top universities that offer extensive distance learning opportunities to students, thus catering to their needs and schedules.
Online Colleges and Universities:
Online schools in the state of Texas have come up with multiple degrees and courses that provide equal class credit and curriculum such as the respective traditional programs. UT Online Consortium acts as a medium through which UT governs complete graduate and undergraduate degree classes and programs. As per the Higher Education Coordinating Board of Texas, there is a steady increase in the number of online students with every passing year. Non-university institutions showed a growth of 7,000 online enrollments from the year 2013-14, while four-year institutions testify of the same increase of over 18,000 student enrollments. In an effort to encourage and motivate students towards higher education, the following initiatives have been introduced –
Higher Learning Initiatives:
- Texas Virtual School Network (TxVSN) – The aim is to provide more online learning prospects for students. For this, it is important that students enroll themselves in an open-enrollment charter school that is approved. All courses meet the state’s quality standards and are ideal for those who might be interested in taking up specialized electives or who are keen on accelerating their education.
- Electronic Course Program (eCP) – This offers schools with funds provided by the state on the basis of the number of students who complete virtual education programs that are full-time.
Following are some of the online colleges and universities in Texas –
- University of Houston-Downtown
- The University of Texas at Brownsville
- The University of Texas-Pan American
- Tarleton State University
- Midwestern State University
- South Texas College